Pete Wilson - Orange Conference 2016

Pete Wilson is the founding and senior pastor of Cross Point Church in Nashville, Tennessee, a committed church community that has grown to reach more than 7,000 people each weekend through its five locations.  
  • Sometimes I forget how good it is to get together and fellowship with other pastors.
  • What is most important – winning or not looking like an idiot?
  • I’ve spent way to much of my ministry hedging on steps of faith.
  • My entire ministry comes down to winning people for Jesus or not looking like an idiot.
  • So much of my ministry has been driven by my fear of failure.
  • Regret stings a lot more than failure.
  • My fear is we’re going to spend a lot of time thinking about what we should’ve done.
  • Inside of every leader there is belief and doubt. The difference is what are you going to choose to act on?
  • I’ve not sensed any moment where I couldn’t do this.
  • I am passionate about ministry. I’m passionate about my family. I’m passionate about fun things to do. 
  • I speak live six times on Sunday. I could speak seven but my limit is six.
  • Make sure we have fun with each other and don’t lose our families in the process.
  • I like to avoid conflict.