Anything Short of Sin...

One of oneChurch.tv's core values is "We will do anything short of sin to reach people for Jesus." And we mean that--ANYTHING!! To reach people no one is reaching, we’ll do things no one is doing.

I like what Paul wrote in 1 Corinthians 9:22-23...
... I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.
Here is the same verse from one of my favorite Bible--the Living Bible.
When I am with those who are weak, I share their weakness, for I want to bring the weak to Christ. Yes, I try to find common ground with everyone, doing everything I can to save some. I do everything to spread the Good News and share in its blessings.

So we're willing to become all things to reach some. We try to find common ground with people--just like what Paul did in Acts 17. 

That's why our church does stuff like Trunk or Treat's or other things. We don't care what our culture says Halloween is--if it's an opportunity that we can serve our community and be an environment where people can be around church goers and realize that we're not THAT weird? That's a win. We want to create places where the unchurched and dechurched can come and take a second look at God at His church. Reaching people for Jesus may sometimes require doing that which is unconventional!

Anyone who has attended services at oneChurch.tv has heard secular music, seen crazy videos or even been asked to download an app on their phone to participate in the service. These methods have been questioned throughout the years, but the fact remains that these techniques are reaching those who do not know Jesus. As a church, we agree to do what it takes to reach people, even if it opens up criticism from some factions. There is simply too much at stake to not exhaust every opportunity to reach someone for Christ!

Jesus ate with sinners. He was willing to even ruin His reputation with religious people so those far from God could get to know Jesus! So what are some ways you can get more involved in the lives of people who are far from Christ?